The CRA Life Sciences Symposium (previously PhD Symposium) is a highly selective program designed to introduce PhD & MD students to a career in life sciences consulting. We are seeking participants pursuing a PhD in the physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, engineering, or a closely related field, or MD. Through virtual workshops, panel discussions and interactive case studies, you will learn about life in consulting and how you can put your advanced degree to great use at CRA. Click here to learn more about the Life Sciences practice.
• While the program typically takes place in one of our CRA offices, this year the program will take place virtually to protect the health and safety of our community in light of COVID-19. The virtual format will still allow for a rich experience in which participants will network, learn about life science consulting, and learn about CRA. We look forward to potentially meeting you in-person at a later date.
• The program will take place the week of June 14, 2021 with an expected time commitment of 15 hours over three days. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided to accepted participants.
Eligible participants are:
• Pursuing a PhD or postdoc in the physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, engineering, or a closely related field, or MD
• Aiming to pursue a full-time consulting career in 2022
• Seriously considering a career in life sciences consulting
• We encourage applications from across the US and Canada; we will be recruiting for full-time positions for our offices in Boston, New York, New Jersey, and San Francisco.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit a 1-2 page resume, a cover letter, and a paper or abstract, if you have one. The writing sample should focus on your research interests, whilst your cover letter should explain your interest in life sciences consulting and CRA.
Successful applicants will be invited to a virtual interview that will focus on your previous experience, your interest in consulting, and fit with the team.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, April 25, 2021. Decisions will be communicated by Friday, May 14, 2021.